The position of editor consists of assembling and editing footage, music, sound and graphics into a high quality audio-visual product.
* Application deadline is April 30, 2015:
Job no. 5 Editor
• Liaise with director and production manager to deliver footage, other relevant content that enables editor to meet deadlines.
• Provide and monitor training for trainees and volunteers.
• Liaise with production manager and director to resolve, grievances with staff, trainees and volunteers.
• Apply and monitor health and safety procedures.
• Rent, hire and monitor editing supplies, including equipment, production space and studio rentals, in consultation with Chair.
• Evaluate project stages of completion.
• Mad editing skills. Considerable experience and credits;
• Ability to do good graphics;
• Owns or has good access to broadcast standard editing gear;
• Reliable and works to deadline;
• Skilled music and voice over editor;
• Reliable, responsible and dependable in fulfilling obligations;
• Willingness to take and offer creative opinions and directions;
• Self-control—ability to maintaining composure in very difficult situations;
• Rigour in completing work tasks to deadline;
• High stress tolerance levels.
Lines of Communication:
The editor’s position is accountable to the director and ultimately to the chair. The post is expected to liaise with director, camera operator, trainees and volunteers.
• Full-time equivalent post. Editor will be expected to work some late nights and week-ends.
• Fees negotiable
• Application deadline April 30, 2015