The Institute of Black Culture, Media and Sport has been funded by Heritage Lottery Fund to make a documentary feature film and learning pack, about the African history of sport. Consequently, the Institute would like to fill the following posts by May 2015.
* Application deadline is April 30, 2015:
Job no. 1: Project manager
The position of project manager consists of supervising and coordinating pre-production, production and post-production activities such as production schedules, shooting, editing, production of the learning pack and screenings.
• Assist recruitment of staff, trainees and volunteers.
• Coordinate project activities and meetings.
• Enforce and monitor health and safety procedures for staff, trainees and volunteers
• Assign and monitor production staff
• Monitor trainees and volunteers
• Select and reconnoiter locations
• Purchase, rent, hire and monitor supplies, including equipment, production space and studio rentals.
• Evaluate production stages
• Degree/post grad diploma in film making or any creative field, or three years management/supervision experience;
• Knowledge of black history and interest in film making;
• Job requires good admin and ITC skills
• Leadership: willingness to offer opinions and make creative decisions;
• Self-control—composure at all times, particularly in very difficult situations;
• High stress tolerance—ability to accept criticism and cope with mundane stressful situations.
Lines of communication
• The project manager’s position is accountable to the chair and the management committee and is expected to liaise with staff, trainees and volunteers as well as suppliers.
• Full-time equivalent post.
• Will be expected to work some week-ends and late nights
• Post is expected to work mainly from home and occasionally from location.
• Fees negotiable
• 9 months contract
• Application deadline April 30, 2015